On Tuesday July 3rd I went to my doctors appointment. After the doctor checked me he told me I was 100% thinned out and about 4 cm dilated. He said I could go into labor at any time. After I left the doctor's office I was running errands thinking that I needed to get everything done before it was too late. At about 3:30pm I started having cramps. Since I had never been in labor before I didn't know this was the start of labor. That night I went to bed and didn't sleep very well. When I woke up I was having contractions about every 3 minutes. At 9:30am I called my doctor and he told me to go into the hospital. Since it was the 4th of July there was a parade going on downtown. My mom called the police station to find out how to get around the parade. When we arrived downtown the police officer had to stop the parade so that we could get to the ER. Once I was in triage the nurse noticed that the baby's heart rate would slightly drop with each contraction. It wasn't anything to be worried about at the time. Once I was in a room and the contractions grew stronger her heart rate was dropping even lower. At one point they couldn't find her heart rate. At around 3pm they rushed me into the OR and at 3:24pm on July 4, 2007 Josephine was born. A healthy 6 lb 0 oz and 19 in long baby girl. SHE CAME INTO THE WORLD DEMANDING EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!
Cottage 2010
15 years ago

1 comment:
Wow what a cute baby!
Love her Favorite Aunt
Post a Comment